An explanation …This is a blog by Billy Dennis, the liberal-libertarian leaning owner of the Blog Peoria Project site. 'American Guesser' is a blog about national politics, with an eye on ballot access, 1st Amendment and Second Amendment issues. If you like what you see, help pay for hosting:
- Nader fighting the good fight … against the Democrat Party’s immoral opposition to third parties
- Eminent domain claims another victim
- North Carolina, just because, restricts early voting. No reason. Just because.
- Marijuana businesses take form in states where it’s been legalized
- Was Jesus a libertarian?
- Stupid government tricks: Vegetable garden is ILLEGAL
- Organizing at the local level for the Libertarian Party
- Libertarians demand their shot in York election
- In Obama’s America, five Americans are serving life sentences for marijuana crimes
- Before Sam Adams sold fake ‘micro-brewery’ beer, he had something to say about freedom
Category Archives: Third Parties
Interesting: Was Jesus Christ a libertarian? Of course it is unfair to ask whether the founder of Christianity would agree with a political movement developed over a thousand years after His death. But it is not unfair to inquire if … Continue reading
Here’s a really good hyperlocal news article on Libertarian Party organizing at the local level. One of the problems I used to have with the Illinois Libertarian party is that the concentrated on statewide races.
They are not libertarian. NOT libertarian, For example, consider the drive by some Gun Nuts to have Piers Morgan deported. What the Hell? Since when do libertarians try to get anyone deported because of the point of view they express?
From the Washington Post, we’ve lost a strong third-party advocate: Bob Auerbach, a longtime political activist who helped found the Green Party in Maryland and was a three-time candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives in Maryland, died Dec. 12 … Continue reading
From the (Columbus, Ind.) Republic: Officials of nearby Leawood and the Unified Government of Wyandotte County and Kansas City, Kansas, have not yet responded publicly to the lawsuits filed last week by the Libertarian Party of Kansas. The party is … Continue reading
From io9. It includes almost everything Heinlein wrote.
I don’t know. It seemed like the MWP was THE thing to join back in the day. People were getting pretty sick of the Republicans selling out to the money people. The MWP was poised as a semi-Libertarian party that … Continue reading
It’s a Webcomic.